Lilac Sugar. Recipe from Call Me Cupcake
Clean, dry lilac petals (preferably purple as they are very fragrant)
Layer flowers and sugar in a jar. Let stand dark and cool for a few days, shake every now and then. Now your sugar is ready to use. Perfect for baking or in a cup of tea.
My afternoon snack, Veggie Summer rolls.
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
-2 cups of Vanilla Almond Milk
-1/2 cup of Chia Seeds (more are less depending on your preference. I like my pudding on the thicker side.)
- 2 teaspoons of Raw Cane Sugar (or your sweetener of choice)
- ¾ tablespoon of Vanilla (can be the extract or raw vanilla bean, your choice)
*If you are using vanilla bean you should grind it up first*
1. Stir the vanilla, sweetener and chia seeds into the almond milkslowly.
2. Let soak for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. You are looking for the pudding to become thick in consistency. I find that the repetitive stirring and settling helps this process.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill and allow to settle without being disturbed.
4. Spoon out the pudding, taste test, sweeten to taste (if needed) and/or add raw fruit, granola or a crushed cookie (like I did) to jazz it up.