How to Make Boba and Bubble Tea
What You Need
1/4 cup dried boba tapioca pearls per serving (NOT quick-cooking boba)
1-2 tea bags per serving, any kind
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
Milk, almond milk, or sweetened condensed milk
Fruit juice or nectar (optional)
Bowl for holding the cooked boba
1. Cook the Boba: Measure 2 cups of water for every 1/4 cup of boba being prepared into a saucepan. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the boba and stir gently until they begin floating to the top of the water.
Turn the heat to medium and cook the boba for 12-15 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, cover, and let the pearls sit for another 12-15 minutes.
2. Prepare Sugar Syrup for the Boba: While the boba are cooking, make a simple sugar syrup to sweeten and preserve them once cooked. Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil over high heat on the stove or in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup sugar until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
3. Prepare a Strong Cup of Tea: This can be done either while the boba are cooking or ahead of time. Allow enough time for the tea to cool completely before making the boba. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bag. Use one tea bag for regular-strength bubble tea or two for a stronger tea flavor. Remove the tea bag after 15 minutes and chill the tea.
4. Finish the Boba: Once the boba have finished cooking, drain them from the water and transfer them to a small bowl or container. Pour the sugar syrup over top until the boba are submerged. Let sit until the boba are room temperature, at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate until ready to use. Boba are best if used within a few hours of cooking, but will keep refrigerated for several days. The boba will gradually harden and become crunchy as they sit.
5. Make the Bubble Tea: Pour the prepared tea into a tall glass and add the boba. Add milk for a creamy bubble tea, juice for a fruity tea, or leave plain and add a little extra water. Sweeten to taste with the simple syrup from soaking the boba.
• Very Chilled Bubble Tea: For an extra-chilly bubble tea, combine all the tea, milk, and/or juice, but not the boba in a cocktail shaker. Add a few ice cubes and shake for 20 seconds. Pour into a tall glass and add the boba.
• Shortcut Boba: If you want immediate gratification, just cook your boba until they are tender, 5 to 10 minutes, and use them as soon as they’re cool. This kind of boba don’t keep for very long (turning rock hard in a few hours), but are delicious if eaten right away.
• Saving Leftover Boba and Making Boba for Later: Boba are best if used within a few hours of cooking, but will keep refrigerated with simple syrup for several days. The boba will gradually harden and become crunchy as they sit.
- plchanz reblogged this from teamonsterr
- kiramekirari likes this
- celebistar likes this
- audino-used-dreameater reblogged this from snippershoo
- nom-nom-keiko likes this
- snippershoo reblogged this from laprincesazorro and added:
- laprincesazorro reblogged this from teamonsterr
- laprincesazorro likes this
- teamonsterr reblogged this from lovetealovetravel
- octopusteaparty likes this
- inkdropsandoilslicks likes this
- misspompom likes this
- lovetealovetravel reblogged this from tea-for-tea
- maiyamayhem likes this
- gisellley likes this
- tea-for-tea reblogged this from alexandraelle
- kikue33333333 likes this
- headpixie reblogged this from cutieoftime
- hyunah-sexy likes this
- sum1awesome reblogged this from alexandraelle
- danicayeum reblogged this from howsweeteats
- danicayeum likes this
- pikachewchewchew reblogged this from sicatuyet
- sicatuyet reblogged this from howsweeteats
- howsweeteats reblogged this from tianbaozi
- honeydipqueen likes this
- whytneeinwonderland reblogged this from charliexvx
- lil-lady-kate reblogged this from charliexvx
- lil-lady-kate likes this
- charliexvx likes this
- charliexvx reblogged this from thelcb
- samuraimonster likes this
- pseudopontia likes this
- thelcb reblogged this from mercurialme
- auburnmane likes this
- archivedchaos likes this
- resplendentreveries reblogged this from mercurialme
- mercurialme reblogged this from dogganghappened
- dogganghappened reblogged this from alexandraelle
- teatreebaobab reblogged this from lishfulthinking
- sinkingcrowfeathers likes this
- starsinyourwake reblogged this from piseogai
- gummy-bunnys reblogged this from thinlikepalermo
- fit-ho reblogged this from fit-state-of-mind
- treewii likes this
- catherinejeanette likes this
- meowadays likes this
- joysofhealth reblogged this from fit-state-of-mind and added:
- weareallafricans likes this
- classy-sh1t likes this